This house extension and refurbishment in Clapham, South London transforms a four storey Victorian terraced house originally built in 1895. The brief was to create open plan spaces with an improved relationship to the garden, kitchen, living and dining room that could be enjoyed as a social space. The original Ground floor layout was divided in small rooms, lobbies and corridors leading to the rear garden. The upper floors were as well divided in 7 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
A thoughtful combination of materials gives a peaceful sense of space enhanced by the natural light flowing from the front to the rear with no interruption. A central wide open corridor cladded in timber is guiding the sight to the rear garden trough the sculptural profiles of the bespoke concrete kitchen.